Advanced Nurse Practitioners
Mrs Leigh De Souza (f)
Mrs Leigh DeSouza is a highly experienced advanced nurse practitioner who works alongside our GPs in assessing and treating a wide variety of acute medical problems. She is also an independent prescriber.
Lucy Smith (f)
Practice nurses are qualified and registered nurses. They can help with health issues such as family planning, healthy living advice, blood pressure checks and dressings. The practice nurses run clinics for long-term health conditions such as asthma or diabetes, minor ailment clinics and carry out cervical smears.
Sister Sue Arnold (f) – Senior Nurse
A highly experienced nurse with a special interest in Diabetes and who supports and coordinates the work of other nurses and Health Care Assistants in the team.
Healthcare assistants support practice nurses with their daily work and carry out tasks such as phlebotomy (drawing blood), blood pressure measurement and new patient checks. They may act as a chaperone when a patient or doctor requests one.
Monday to Friday 08:30 to 16:30: 01372 735740
Out of Hours: 01372 735740 – this will redirect to Twilight Nursing Services.
The practice currently has one clinical pharmacist, Vandini Patel who has a background in community pharmacy. They are involved in various different roles which include:
- providing support on day to day medication related issues from patients, community pharmacists and practice staff, including GPs and receptionists.
- Dealing with hospital discharge letters to ensure records are safely updated
- Carrying out medicine safety audits.
- Working with patients to improve adherence to medication to get the best possible health outcomes.
- Providing support to manage long term conditions.